Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6221 not visible by XP virtual mode

Hi there, I have a problem with my PCI 6221 card. I have a computer with win 7 installed in it. Due to some labview compatibility issues I had to install XP virtual machine mode. My LV application is working but I have a problem with PCI 6221 card. Windows 7 can see the PCI 6221 card (using Automation & Measurement tool), but window CP mode doesn't see it. I installed the DAQmx 9.3 and 9.4 with no success to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,931 Views)

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Your virtual machine software would somehow have to forward/share the PCI port with your virtual machine.  I've never seen this capability before.  Many VM applications will forward/share USB devices and optical drives, but that's all I've seen.

I guess I'm not certain, but pretty sure you're out of luck.

What were the compatibility issues you were dealing with?

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,922 Views)

Thanks Kudos for your reply. Will I have few complex LV applications that were developed using LV 8.5 for windows XP 32 bit. We had to upgrade to more powerful computer with Win 7 and additional RAM (you know that XP doesn't give you more than ~ 3 GB). I installed the run time engines needed and NIDAQ but I was never able to get it work properly. Final error I'm seeing is " Labview can't find Process myfile.exe". Basically it can't find itself when I try to open that application itself. If you hit OK it will open the program but I it doesn't work and thru a punch of VIs that can't load..You get the idea...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,916 Views)

Gotcha.  Yeah, I don't imagine 8.5 would work very well on a Windows 7 computer.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,913 Views)

Wagdy,

If I am understanding the events presented so far correctly, you have developed your code using XP and have moved it over to Windows 7, but since you have been getting errors when you run your executable in Windows 7, you have been trying to get it to work on a VM on Windows 7 reverting back to Windows XP. Do you mind posting a screenshot of the error code you are getting? I would also verify that you are building your application correctly.

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,900 Views)