Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6120 voltage stuck at minimum for all inputs, output also stuck

Hello,

I am having an issue with a simultaneous DAQ PCI-6120 I bought within the last year. The board's analog inputs now read the maximum negative voltage in whatever range I set it in. E.g., when I set the range to +10/-10, I get -10 on all the inputs, if I set it to +5/-5 it reads -5, etc. There is no noise on this signal, it is a solid -10V on each input. This is the case even when I have the inputs grounded. Additionally, both of the outputs read 2.17V, regardless of what I set them to. I'm running Windows 7 and reading these voltages through a BNC-2110.

screenshot.png

I tried to perform a self-calibration, but I get error -200545. It passes the self-test in NI-MAX, and I am able to see it in the device manager. However, I tried installing the latest DACmx drivers (9.7) and resetting the device, but nothing seems to change what the device is reading.

I tried using the DAQ Diagnostic Utility, but nothing appears on the Please Choose a Device pulldown menu. All I see is a checkmark where the name of the card should be.

screenshot2.png

This problem seems to be similar to both this and this problem, but they don't mention anything about the output and neither of those links are PCI-6120s. Any other suggestions? 

Best,

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,580 Views)

Is there anything hooked up to it?  Plug the input into a power supply and see if it reads a voltage then.

AI's usually drift low when there's nothing on the terminals.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,556 Views)

I tried grounding the inputs, but still got -10V. I also tried applying an 2Hz to 30Hz AC signal with a magnitude of 10V and that also just came out at as -10V.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,545 Views)

To further check this, I installed the PCI-6120 on another computer, and still have the exact same issue. I'm thinking now the card is definitely the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,504 Views)

Did you solve this problem becouse i have the same. I don't do self calibration  too ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,723 Views)

Hi dorek,

It looks like this thread is a few years old. Please create a new forum post outlining the issue you're experiencing with your device so it gets increased visibility among our community.

Mike B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,701 Views)

Hi Dorek,

The card ended up needing to be returned and replaced by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,698 Views)

It's mean that Card 6120 must be reaplace ?. Must I buy new Card ???

I have three unit of 6120 only two dosen't work corectly. I my opiniono you are radiculous. I will took with Polish support tomorow.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,692 Views)