Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6052E resource test fails at startup

Hello,

I am using a PCI-6052E board on an XP machine. The driver is 1.8.2.f0 and MAX version is 3.1.0.3021.

Every time I boot the system, the resource test in MAX fails: the DMA resources do not appear. The board must be reinitialized manually in MAX or through the DAQmxResetDevice function in any program. This works always well and the board can then be used properly.

I would appreciate very much any hint on how to have my board fully ready at startup.
Thanks a lot.
Pascal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,700 Views)

PascalP a écrit:
Hello,

I am using a PCI-6052E board on an XP machine. The driver is 1.8.2.f0 and MAX version is 3.1.0.3021.

Every time I boot the system, the resource test in MAX fails: the DMA resources do not appear. The board must be reinitialized manually in MAX or through the DAQmxResetDevice function in any program. This works always well and the board can then be used properly.

I would appreciate very much any hint on how to have my board fully ready at startup.
Thanks a lot.
Pascal.

P.S.

P.S. The driver version is NI-DAQ 7.3.0.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,688 Views)
Hello PascalP,

I have first some questions :
What do you mean when you say : "The driver is 1.8.2.f0 "?
Do you receive code error? If yes, can you please send it?

Please do the following:

1) When you boot your PC, launch Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Under devices and interfaces -> Traditional NI-DAQ Devices, right-click on your PCI-6052 and select Properties. Note how many DMA channels are assigned to your board (may have up to 3 channels). Click Test Resources. If the device fails, please continue with (2); otherwise, open up a Test Panel and verify that it works. Then close out of MAX and try running the examples that uses the device to see if you still have the error. If you still see the error, please let me know.

2) The device is not installed properly. Shutdown the computer, remove the card and reboot. Power down again, add the card, and power up the computer. If it still fails in MAX, continue to 3.

3) Try switching PCI slots. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Be sure to remove the hardware anytime you remove the driver.

4) Try installing the driver and then adding the card on a different computer.

If after all of this you still have trouble, please let me know what has failed and what operating system you are using and give me more information about you PC.

Hope this helps.

Sanaa TAZI
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,663 Views)