Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6052E: Troubleshooting sending a pulse out gpctr0out triggered from pfi9

I'm using C#, NI-DAQmx 8.5, and the GenDigPulse_DigStart example. I have an oscope hooked up and I can see the 5v 100hz square wave being sent to pin3 - so far, so good.

The problem is that the task never triggers. If I change the example to use StartTrigger.ConfigureNone(), it triggers and I get the expected output signal.

I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this. As I mentioned, I see the signal going into the cable to the card. Is there a way I can read the raw signal from pfi9 to see if the signal is getting to the card?

Thanks!

John Duddy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,547 Views)
Hello jdlogicman,

Thanks for your post. I see that you want to know how to check the incoming signal on PFI9. There is a way to do this, simply open the program Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and go to devices and interfaces. Once there find your device, the PCI-6052E, under DaqMX devices and then right click and go to the testpanels. This will bring up a window with 4 tabs. Go to the "Counter I/O tab and set these settings:

Channel name: DevXX/ctr0
Mode: Edge Counting
Edge Source: DevXX/PFI9

Then hit the start button and send in your trigger signal. (PFI 9, ctr 0 gate, Pin 3)

Please post back if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Corby_B
http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,530 Views)
Perfect - I was able to diagnose a problem with the cable.Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,517 Views)