Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6036 E obsolete

Dear participants,

I need your help and suggestions about using PCI 6036 E card.

I am facing to a problem that an old (unsupported by API) PCI6036 card is used in a project and would change it to a newer type PCIe 6341 (if it is the next in the que). As I see in the manual that pinouts are not the same.

What is the compatible card of PCI 6036 which is not obsolete? I mean under compatibility is the pinouts mainly.

Is there a solution of using the old card with VS C# ?

Any idea would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,309 Views)

NI's recommendation is to go with 6321 or 6221 as per this link 

santo_13_0-1626373725210.png

The new instruments are not fully pin-compatible but most resources are pin-compatible, you be the judge and compare the pinouts and decide if your application is affected or not.

Made it easy for you be collecting the pinouts and put it up side by side for review.
santo_13_1-1626374124077.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,276 Views)

Hi Santo_13,

Sorry for the late reply but I was on holiday.

Yes, Thank you for the valuable comparison, I will go on this way. Primarily I need to collect the existing and used pinouts from the old card.

Anyhow, could you give a hint how to use the old card in my new project? I need to write a UI in visual studio. As far as I know the API support is also obsolete and it is not so clear which version I need to download. It is linked to the year of production or so...

THX

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,195 Views)
  • Find out the latest DAQmx drivers that support your hardware
  • Install that drivers for the language you're going to use - you mentioned Visual Studio but not the language, is it C#?

Once you are successful with these two tasks - you can start development referring to examples.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,184 Views)