Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC hangs with CVI 6

Hi,
We have CVI 6 on windows XP. Whenever my cvi application gets run-time error, my PC hangs. I guess it finds short of memory or some other resources. The application used to work fine in CVI 5. Can anybody suggest me something?
cheers
Niranjan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,405 Views)
Niranjan;

We definitely need more details about your application so we can try to figure out the problem.
Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,405 Views)
Hi Filipe,
Its happening with all our applications. So I guess its not related to particular program or application. They were working fine in previous CVI versions. Our application acquires data using PCI-MIO-16E-1 device of NI. We r plotting the acquired data and also do analysis. However, the PC hangs for any run time error right from memory allocation errors to errors in printf. I have to restart the machine once it gets hung. The other obeservation is when program was small, it didn't give this problem. But as I continued adding more stuff in it, its size(executable size as well) increased and then it started giving this problem. Same happens with all the other applications. Thats why i said its related to memory or stack that CVI 6 is using.
Let me
know if u need anything else.
cheers
niranjan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,405 Views)
Niranjan;

Ok. It would be good if you could to narrow down the problem a little more.
The best way to troubleshoot that is to start running the original small application (the one that doesn't show any error) and keep adding more functionality on small chunks. Run the application at every time you add new features to it, and see where the problem starts.

That will help on the identifictaion of the problem.

Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,405 Views)