Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output signal is constant and noisy when it should not be?

Hello! I'm new to electronics in general so please have patience with my ignorance. 

I have a SCB-68 hooked up to a load cell; this is a complete copy of another device. I should be getting an increasing load and then decreasing load over time but the only signal I'm getting is very noisy and constant. I'm not sure what is wrong because the original device works just fine. I've switched out the load cell and the SCB-68 with the ones in the original device and they produce the expected signal. I've swtiched the load cell to different input channels and this has not changed anything either. Is there something basic that I'm missing? Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,751 Views)

Hello Greyltan,

The SCB-68 is just a Shielded Connector Block that exposes the pinouts of the actual DAQ card that you have. Can you tell me what DAQ card you have? You can go to Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX, for short) and under Devices and Interfaces you should find your DAQ device. For testing purposes, you can create a Voltage (of Force, if it supports it) task, select your channels, and see how it should be connected by clicking on the "Connection Diagram" tab at the bottom of MAX.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,734 Views)

Take a close look at the SCB-68 that works versus the new one. There are various switch settings on it for different configurations.

Plus there is an area to add supplemental circuitry, in case there is some added between the load cell and DAQ. See manual links below:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371745c.pdf

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372551a.pdf

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,730 Views)