Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating temperature limits for USB-621x

I currently use a USB-9215 and a USB-6501 in a test system used onboard helicopters. The upper temperature limits for these two devices are spec'd at 60 deg C and 55 deg C, respectively. I want to add an analog output capability to the system, so I was looking at combining all three functions by using a USB-621x device. However, the upper temperature limit is spec'd at 45 deg C - significantly less than the two devices.

What is the symptom if a USB-621x device is used above 45 deg C? Will it damage the device, or will it just be out-of-spec? Is there a particular function in the device that is affected: analog in, analog out, DIO?

If anyone can provide some knowledgable help I'd really appreciate it!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,577 Views)
Hi,

Going above the temperature of devices will cause the readings to be not accurate anymore.  This will affect all the functions.  What temperature are you planning to run this application at?  Would it be possible to put these devices in some kind of chamber that would keep them cool?

Regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,553 Views)
That's a good suggestion, but they will be installed in an enclosure that will used onboard helicopters for testing. A test helicopter may well be sitting on the flight ramp all day in Arizona and become fully heat-soaked, so it could easily be above 120 deg F in the test bay.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,549 Views)