Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset on AI- channels only (not AI+)

Solved!
Go to solution

Any ideas on what might cause an offset for just the AI- channels (and not the AI+ channels)? 

We recently replaced two cables in an instrument to accommodate a different external connector type, but didn't (intentionally) change any actual connections (so I did not expect any changes when I powered up the DAQ/instrument again).  However, since then, all AI- channels (but not the AI+ channels) on our USB 6343 have a ~+6.12 V offset from what is measured with a multimeter.  When the rest of the instrument is powered down (with only the DAQ powered), then the AI+ and AI- channels read 0V, so the problem is somehow related to the larger system.  

I see the issue with both my VI as well as in MAX. I've tried resetting, self-testing, and self-calibration (all complete successfully, but don't improve the described behavior).  Affected measurements are for a variety of components (thermocouple amplifiers, pressure controllers, mass flow meters, etc).  

EDIT:  I also have a USB-6001 in the system, and it is unaffected by these issues (both DAQs measure the output from thermocouple amplifiers that all have the same grounding/power).  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,111 Views)

Also, the affected AI measurements are NRSE.  I need to check again today whether the differential measurements are affected. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author audreymoira

Okay, just tried what should have been the first troubleshooting step--power cycling the DAQ itself.  The issue was resolved.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,049 Views)