From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to view connection diagram in MAX

I get the error "The connection diagram tool does not support this device" when trying to view the connection diagram for a task.  I'm using the cDAQ-9172 with a NI 9215 module.  I'm pretty new to labview so hopefully it's something simple.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,754 Views)

Hi Andy,

The error message is correct: the DAQ Assistant connection diagram tool does not support the BNC version of the NI 9215, or any other BNC C Series modules. However, you can still right-click on the module in the Devices and Interfaces tree and select Device Pinouts from the context menu.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,728 Views)

Couple years old I know but I figured this would be better then making a new topic.

Why is this the case?  I love the connection diagram and show it off to non LabVIEW and NI people all the time, but once in a while I find hardware that doesn't support it.

Why isn't more hardware supported?  And can we expect to see more hardware added to support this?  I just tried the 9403, 9423, 9215 BNC and they don't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,575 Views)