cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Contact or Tristate Analog Output with PXIe 6363 card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

I'm working on an application where I need to have 4 analog output (AO) sources permanently connected to 4 loads and in some cases 1 or 2 of them should be used in high impedance mode.

To explain it more clearly, I don't want them to give a potential of -5, 0, +5V etc. but to break the circuit or enter in high impedance (large resistance).

Does the PXIe 6363 card provide this functionality or do I have to connect relays between the loads and the AO?
The connect.vi, disconnect.vi and tristate.vi that I can use in Labview don't seem to support AO connection (attached figure).
Thanks in advance
Nikos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by NikGR

No, the 6363 AO channels do not tri-state, you need to implement your custom circuit external to the instrument.

Some digital channels support Tri-state and so far never an analog channel on a DAQ.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 2
(620 Views)