Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported devices found

Hi There,

Did anyone resolve this problem?  I recently purchased a TC01 and have a very similar problem.  I have all the latest software installed, but still have the following problems, the last one is what got me into looking at the configuration.  1. The TC01 fails self-test in MAX.  2. The "NI USB-TC01" launch screen give me the error "NI Digital Sensors launch screen has stopped working". 3. My C# projects using Forms properly detects the device, but my C# projects which are console applications do not detect the device.

I am using a 3yr old HP Pavilion laptop with USB 2.0.  and windows Vista.

I self-test works correctly when I use a different laptop with USB 2.0 ports and MAX v4.7.6f0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I expect this is a configuration problem.  I am going to try to uninstall MAX 5.1.0f0 and install MAX 4.7 to see if that fixes the problem.

Bernie.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(6,773 Views)

Bernie,
I noticed that you talked to James, a fellow Applications Engineer, and were able to resolve your issue.

Would you mind posting the steps you took so that others may benefit from your troubleshooting? Thanks!

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(6,747 Views)

I installed ALL off the 566 NI software components from my PC.  I then rebooted and reinstalled ONLY NIDAQ951f1 and MStudio2010SP1. It took an entire day, but it fixed the problem.

I also had a different problem on a Windows 7 PC.  You have to go into custom installation and selection an option to install the DAQmx.dll (I guess this is only an issue on Windows 7).

Bernie.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(6,739 Views)

I am having the same problems as the original poster.  I am also using a very recent Dell Inspiron model  (my exact model is Inspiron N5040).   My model does not have USB 3.0 ports, at least from what I can tell.

When I run the TC01Launcher.exe it exits with "No Supported Devices Found."  And when I perform a self-test in MAX, I get a -200022 error (resources already reserved).

The USB controller on this laptop is the "Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller"

Best Regards,

Joe Savage

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(6,719 Views)

Hi All,

Sorry, I just saw a typo in my previous post as I was reviewing the problem. 

It should read : I UNINSTALLED ALL off the 566 NI software components from my PC.  I then rebooted and reinstalled ONLY NIDAQ951f1 and MStudio2010SP1. It took an entire day, but it fixed the problem.

My guess is that it is some sort of incompatability with another NI software component.  Sorry again about the typo.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(6,708 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out but it seems hard to believe that this is the source of the problem in my case, or the only workaround.   I only have NI-DAQmx, NI-488.2 and NI-VISA installed, and I will need to use all of them eventually.

Like the original poster, I have several other computers running Win7-64 or XP, with the same set of NI drivers & software, and those computers do not exhibit this problem.

The Dell Inspiron laptops, however, did come with a bunch of preinstalled crapware that I have not completely eradicated yet, so it's possible that one of those programs is conflicting.

NI folks:  have you reproduced this problem in-house?  Or did the investigation into the original poster's problem produce any additional information?

Thanks,

Joe Savage

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(6,697 Views)

Hi Joe,

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in the thread? Making sure NI Device Loader is started is a good first step. You might also want to upgrade your DAQmx driver, what version are you currently using?

Are you able to see the device properly in MAX? You might want to do Tools>>Reset Configuration Data to clear the MAX database if you are still seeing problems.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(6,696 Views)

As I mentioned earlier, the device shows up in MAX but I get a -200022 error when I run the self-test.  I have NI-DAQ 9.5.1 installed now, but had the same problem with NI-DAQ 9.3.

Device loader is running fine, and I have another USB DAQ device (USB-6259) that is working OK. 

Since the USB-TC01 appears in device manager as a human-interface device, unlike most other DAQ devices, I'm strongly suspecting that some other driver/software has locked out any other applications from accessing it.   I will start disabling the startup programs one at a time using the handy "autoruns" utility until I narrow down which program is causing the conflict.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(6,685 Views)

Hi Joe,

Could you try clearing all device associations? This can be done by right-clicking NI Device Monitor (in the Windows Taskbar) and clicking "Clear all Device Associations." If this does not help, you could try manually changing the driver associated with the device in Device Manager. You will want to restart the computer and disconnect/reconnect your device after each of these steps.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(6,678 Views)

I did try that, but it didn't make a difference (I don't think the USB-TC01 is handled by NI Device Monitor in the first place).

Just now, I discovered that a program called "Dell Stage" was causing the problem.   In Autoruns, I disabled this program as well as a related widget called Accuweather, and my problem is resolved and the USB-TC01 now works.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 20 of 29
(6,681 Views)