From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pulse otput/pulse count is done in counter of pcie-6320

Solved!
Go to solution

hello all

Im using  pcie-6320 in my application to generate set of pulses using the counter i/o.Even when i try to generate/count pulses using MAX ,i coundnt find any output ,im watching the I/O using an CRO.My device is working fine and tested the hardware using DAQ Diagnostic tool utility ,in this tool counter test has also passed.Im completely stuck here,if anyone has come across such an issue please help me out. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,985 Views)

I'm a little unclear on what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to generate a pulse train (output), or count pulses (input)?

If you are generating pulse in MAX, make sure you are connecting to the right output pin for the counter selected:

Counter0 OUT - Pin 2

Counter1 OUT - Pin 40

Counter2 OUT - Pin 1

Counter3 OUT - Pin 39

If you are counting edges, make sure you are connecting your signal to the right input (source) pins:

Counter0 SRC - Pin 37

Counter1 SRC - Pin 42

Counter2 SRC - Pin 11

Counter3 SRC - Pin 6

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,964 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumithra_Nagappan

Hi ..i have solved the issue.Actually it was found that the cable between connector box and the DAQ was not properly inserted.Anyhow thanks for your inputs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,960 Views)