Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mention of PCI6259 in Traditional DAQ Help file

Hi,
I'm trying to use the PCI-6259 for an Analog Input application & the documentation on that is non-existent.

Specifically, for the AI_Configure(,,,,,) and AI_Read(,,,) the parameters are unclear.

1. Device Number - What exactly is this? (the explanation in the help file says "assigned by Measurement & Automation Explorer") but there is no parameter called "Device Number" in MAX. I assume this is 1 if the MAX calls the device "Dev1" and 2 if its called "Dev2" etc.

2. Chan - "Channel Number to be configured" - The page "DAQ Device Analog Input Channel Settings" does not list PCI-6259 at all.

3. Input Mode, Range & Polarity - Settings are supposedly explained in the page "AI_Configure Table" but again, there is no mention of PCI-6259 at all.

I've used NI-DAQ drivers before and has worked well but guidelines to program this device is just non-existent & I don't see how anyone can figure it out by looking at the documentation available. I tried to program this device on the same lines as I had before but the driver returns an error -10401 (not an NI device or not recognized) when I execute the AI_Configure. Does anyone know anything about this device at NI?

NI-DAQ version on the system is 7.3 and the card works well on MAX Test panel, however.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,428 Views)
Teddybare,

This device is not supported by the Traditional DAQ API. You will need to program it using the DAQmx API. I would assume that you were able to use the test panel when you selected your device listed under the DAQmx devices tab in MAX. Documentation for DAQmx should have been installed when you installed DAQmx 7.3.

I hope this helps,
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,424 Views)