Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni damx log file has no time stamp for data

!1-1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(2,039 Views)

Im not at my comptuer anymore but my vi is here http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Building-a-multi-daq-acquisition-system-to-track-32-analog...

Do i not have the same setup?  this is missing the tdms daqmx log portion though i think.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(2,037 Views)

@labview12110 wrote:

Im not at my comptuer anymore but my vi is here http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Building-a-multi-daq-acquisition-system-to-track-32-analog...

Do i not have the same setup?  this is missing the tdms daqmx log portion though i think.

Yeah, that example doesn't have the TDMS Streaming in it.  Be sure to add that.  You will have to write to a different TDMS file for each of your tasks if your use the DAQmx TDMS Streaming.

It would be helpful if you could show us your latest VI.  That would give us a better understanding of where you are.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(2,031 Views)

I had to leave my lab computer an hour ago and don't have a copy until monday. I will post it first thing thoguh!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(2,026 Views)

Yeah.  Tim was taking you down a dusty road with that logging loop and an express vi logging to .xlsx If you dig to HERE

Capture.PNG

You'll see that time column is not supported in the to xlsx case (a limitation that could be removed but why?  TDMS does a fine job)

!1-1.png

Catching up on actions while writing EDIT Why three files Tim?

if 

−68009 TDMS asynchronous mode is not initialized properly. Make sure the enable asynchronous? input of the TDMS Advanced Open function is TRUE. If you are writing data to a file, also make sure the TDMS Configure Asynchronous Writes (Data Ref) function exists. If you are reading data from a file, also make sure the TDMS Configure Asynchronous Reads (Data Ref) function exists. 

gets thrown we should get a CAR against that DAQmx.vi

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(2,025 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Catching up on actions while writing EDIT Why three files Tim?

I get this error from the DAQmx Start Task if I don't separate them.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 26
(2,018 Views)

Hmmm yeah that's a problem.....The TDMS advanced asynchronous write does not support waveformsSmiley Sad

Back to the queue and write to TDMS in a logging loop.  

You learn something new every day I guess.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(2,014 Views)

How would I do that? Do i queue and write to the same file as the daqmx tdms log or a separate one entirely?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(2,011 Views)

It would be something seperate.  Look at the Producer/Consumer example.  If you read all of your tasks as waveforms and combine the array of waveforms, you can then dump that array of waveforms into a queue and have your other loop log the waveforms to a TDMS file.

GCentral
Message 19 of 26
(2,008 Views)

I attached the latest version of my vi. I am having trouble getting the queue to work. I cannot seem to covert to the right data type in order to write everything to a file.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,975 Views)