From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Be] ANalyse Signal with USB-6009

Hello everyone,
I am working on a program to analyse signal from a muscle sensor on an analogue input. I did it with an Arduino first but I need something with a higher frequency so I have a NI USB-6009 now.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201987

My problem is I never used LabView and I really do not now how to create a code to analyse my signal so if someone know a tutorial wich explain how to proceed it would be great. For now I only find tutorial for more complexe schematic, well I just want to code my microntroller with one input and 1 output by USB.
Thank for your help. (I am not sure to be in the right section)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,354 Views)

@Kant1 wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am working on a program to analyse signal from a muscle sensor on an analogue input. I did it with an Arduino first but I need something with a higher frequency so I have a NI USB-6009 now.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201987

My problem is I never used LabView and I really do not now how to create a code to analyse my signal so if someone know a tutorial wich explain how to proceed it would be great. For now I only find tutorial for more complexe schematic, well I just want to code my microntroller with one input and 1 output by USB.
Thank for your help. (I am not sure to be in the right section)

Before you can learn to walk, you need to learn how to crawl.

If you have never used LabVIEW before, then it is time to take the online tutorials.

http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

NI-DAQmx tutorials http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/5438/en/

There are no shortcuts for doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,331 Views)

Thank for tou answer. I was affraid to have to read a lot of tutorial but I suppose we can not escape it.
I would like to know is not possible to use an other software to code the micro controler, something like the Arduino IDE ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,323 Views)
What micro are you talking about? The 6009 plugs into a pc and uses the DAQmx driver. You have the option of using other programming languages than LabVIEW. You have the option of using different OS's than Windows. You just don't have an option to use a micro to host the 6009.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,316 Views)

@Kant1 wrote:

Thank for tou answer. I was affraid to have to read a lot of tutorial but I suppose we can not escape it.
I would like to know is not possible to use an other software to code the micro controler, something like the Arduino IDE ?

Whether you use LabVIEW with the USB-6009 or the Arduino (uses C language) with yet-to-be-bought hardware you are going to have to learn to program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,306 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
What micro are you talking about? The 6009 plugs into a pc and uses the DAQmx driver. You have the option of using other programming languages than LabVIEW. You have the option of using different OS's than Windows. You just don't have an option to use a micro to host the 6009.

What other progamming languages can I use ? And with witch IDE because I only heard about LabView for this mico.

And I already tried with an Arduino but the maximal frequency of this is to low for my needs and my only other option was the USB 6009.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,289 Views)
I still have no idea what you mean by 'micro'. Don't refer to the 6009 as one. That is just misleading.

You can use .NET, c, c++, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,283 Views)

I use micro for the USB-6009 because it is a microcontroler, isn't it ?
By the way do you know any IDE compatible with this kind of product ? (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Code::Block) ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,279 Views)
No, it is not a microcontroller. It is a Data Acquisition Device. You simply cannot download a program to it and run it. The program must be run on your pc.

I already told you what sort of programming languages you can use. Visual Studio is supported. I have no idea what the others are. Look in the read me of the DAQmx driver for supported IDEa.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,274 Views)

Ok I didn't realise thaht. Ok so I can look for compatible driver between VS and this card for exemple to code it.
Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,269 Views)