cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with high voltage controling

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

A NI PCIe-6341 card is installed already. And I want to control a high voltage power supply (CZE1000R) to generate hight voltage (DC). The goal is to fully control the high voltage. For example, the DC voltage can chang from zero to 30kV in 5 or 10 seconds, and be stable at 30kV at 30 minutes, and then come down smoothly to 20 kV in 5 minutes and finally come back to zero. Could someone help me with this task? Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,735 Views)

At what point are you stuck?

You need to hook up one of your analog outputs to the voltage controller of the power supply.  Connect the grounds as well.  Then use a DAQmx task to output your voltage.  Since the power supply takes 10V = 100% max voltage, you should have a Vdesired/30000*10.  That is the voltage to put out of your DAQ.  Feel free to simplify.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 15
(3,724 Views)

Kyle-Z,

What kind of help do you want?

The DAQ card you have should be adequate for the task.

Do you want someone to write a program for you? If so, post your requirements to the AV Job Openings Board.

If you want help with writing your own program, start with the examples, try to make it work, then post back with specific questions about the poarts which you may not understand.

Lynn

Message 3 of 15
(3,721 Views)

Actually, I am stuck with how to use the LabVIEW with DAQ. The maximum output of the power supply is 30kV. But I do not know where to start the programming. And I am not sure whether it will go out the same percentage with the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,719 Views)

To Lynn,

Thank you for your advises. I am totally new to the LabVIEW. I do not have any experience. But I am trying to learn how to make these instruments work.

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,718 Views)

In LabVIEW, go to "Help->Find Examples...".  Then do a search for "Gen Voltage Update".  At the bottom of the list should be a Gen Voltage Update.vi.  It's a really simple VI and it will hopefully get you started.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 15
(3,714 Views)

i recommend opening up your "measurement and automation explorer" for a quick start, look under the tree "my system" and expand "devices and interfaces." your device should be there...click on it and hit "test panels" tab. goto "analog output" tab and setup your device w/max output voltage at 10Vdc/channels ect. measure and verify your AO (0-10vdc) as you use the slider. then connect it to your power supply's reference voltage inputs according to equipment's manual. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle-Z

Hi, apok,

I did use the "test panels" on "measurement and automation explorer". And I see signals on an oscilloscope.

Thank your for your help.

But when I try to test the "voltage cntrl.vi" it did not work.

On the manual it said:

"

Programming with an external voltage:

Disconnect jumpers between TB1-2 and TB1-3. Connect 0-10V signal between TB1-3 and TB1-6 (common)."

Does it mean I need to connect TB1-3 and TB1-6 and connect my sigle output to the TB1-3?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,692 Views)

Hi, ,

Thanks. Are sure it is "Gen Voltage Update", not "Gen Voltage Output"?

I could not find Gen Voltage UpdateVIs.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,689 Views)

@Kyle-Z wrote:

Hi, @apok,

I did use the "test panels" on "measurement and automation explorer". And I see signals on an oscilloscope.

Thank your for your help.

But when I try to test the "voltage cntrl.vi" it did not work.

On the manual it said:

"

Programming with an external voltage:

Disconnect jumpers between TB1-2 and TB1-3. Connect 0-10V signal between TB1-3 and TB1-6 (common)."

Does it mean I need to connect TB1-3 and TB1-6 and connect my sigle output to the TB1-3?

yes, AO connected to TB-3 and AO GND connected to TB-6

Message 10 of 15
(3,685 Views)