From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about using PCI-6221 and C# to control three Digital Port and one Analog input

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to send digital output to three ports and then read an analog voltage from Analog input by using PCI-6221.

I made a C# program to control it. I built four tasks in total. Three tasks for three digital output ports, and one task for analog input.

How can I reduce the time?

Using my method, it takes 3.3ms in total. And it is slow.

Can I build only one task for three DO ports?

What is the best way to control task to reduce communication time with PC ?

Is that possible to save a lot of analog input reading in DAQ device's memory, and then read it all together from computer to reduce time consumption?

One million thanks!

Jin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author timinmanchester

Hi Jin,

To answer your questions, yes you are able to configure one Digital Output Task to use three output ports, and the PCI-6221 does have an onboard FIFO memory buffer of 4095 samples.

I would like to direct you to the NI-DAQmx example files for C# which can be found at the following location on your machine

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET2.0

In this location you will find prewritten examples in C# which should give you a good idea of how to go about architecting your code to achieve the results that you require.

There is also a useful Help file which can be found by navigating to Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-DAQ>>NI-DAQmx .NET Framework 2.0 Help

I hope this response is helpful.

Best Regards

Steve H

Message Edited by StevenH on 11-19-2008 02:56 PM
Message Edited by StevenH on 11-19-2008 02:56 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,542 Views)