Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help Configuring Honeywell Current Sensor with NI 9219

Good Morning,

Our project recently acquired the NI 9074 chassis along with the NI 9219.  I have been tasked with researching how to use this with a current sensor.  The project is in FPGA because the data needs to be saved onto SD cards with the NI 9802.  After a few days of researching I finally have all the software up and running and the chassis is communicating with my laptop through Labview.  Now my problem is collecting information from the sensors.  Here is what I need to do and what hardware I have:

Honeywell - [CTS-10-250-VDC-001] - Solid Core Current Sensor w/0-10 VDC Output

NI 9074 Chassis with the NI 9219 module installed.

Hardware setup:

NI 9219 is connected into Module 1.

The sensor is connected into Channel 0.

Pin 4 is going to positive on the sensor.

Pin 5 is going to negative on the sensor.

We have set up two windmills and solar panels and want to get a voltage reading from each sensor we install.  I am having problems setting up the first sensor.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,736 Views)

Hello,

I am attaching an image from the User's Manual for the NI-9219 that describes the connections for the channels.  Pin 5 an excitation/lo input pin depending on the configuration.  Pin 6 is a lo input pin, if your signal from the sensor is just two leads that has a voltage range between 0-10 VDC then I would recommend using Pin 4 and Pin 6. 

Regards,

Justin

Justin
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer - Conditioned Measurements
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,705 Views)