cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDaqmxbase Read VI till buffer empty challenge

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your effort! That's a handy extension you've written. I've created three CARs from this thread:

CAR 188602: To look into adding a VI like yours as a property VI
CAR 188606: To define '-1 samples' as 'read all available samples' for DAQmx Base Read
CAR 188607: To remove redundant timeout checks in DAQmx Base Read

Glancing through the code, it appears that S Series is alone in the use of variant properties to store task parameters. The newer USB code does not use variants for task parameterization.
Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,835 Views)

Glad it was useful!  It was a little tricky to find out what was general to all board and what was general to certain hardware families.  I kept expanding the case structure.  It turns out that the HW references are not all uniform (obviously since they have different properties) and then for the S series I had to parse the Variant properities, but it all worked in the end.  I always start with the smallest duplicated code but in this case it kept expanding to handle the other cases.

Building it in as a standard property would be great. 

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(1,821 Views)

This is an incredible handy VI for my application. Thanks!

Is there a version available for LabVIEW 8.2?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(1,640 Views)

FiberOptix,

Sure, here is a LV 8.2 version.  It should probably be with NIDAQmx 3.3.  I haven't tested it but it at least loads and compiles under LV 8.2.1.

Cheers

-sth 

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(1,617 Views)

Thanks again, sth.

I keep getting an error 15 - resource not found. I expect it may be because I've got an E series board?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(1,604 Views)
Please ignore the above message... I'm lucky there isn't a button for anti-kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(1,598 Views)