Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQmx base and and app delegates on the Mac

I ran into problem with app on mac and nidaqmx base drivers. It is related to forum reports and NI CAR# 611729 I think. 

This problem seems to be reported by many users since more than 2 years with a different CAR # (#528664)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/NIDAQmxBase-calls-on-MAC-OSX-crashes-UI-application/td-p/...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/NIDAQmx-15-0-and-and-app-delegates-on-the-Mac/td-p/327730...

Is this been resolved in 17.x of the nidaqmx base drivers? No mention in the readme files. Please fix the problem!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,619 Views)

This issue is currently being investigated by the support/R&D teams. It is something that our engineers are aware of, although it has not yet been fixed.

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,545 Views)

I am also running into problems running my NI-cards on the Mac (NIDAQmx Base 15). The code is written in C and compiled with XCode (7.3) under ElCapitan (10.11). The compilation is executed without errors and I can execute the created 'mex'-file properly until the first reference to the NI-code. 

The code runs perfect under MountainLion (10.8) called from a 32-bit application. As you can tell by the versions of OSX used, I have been postponing the transition to 64-bit for several years. I cannot, however, wait any further, because I need some critical other functionality that is tied to 64-bit applications. 

Do you have any idea about when one can expect a solution?

Thanks,

MacPsi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)

The problem reported in CAR #528664 was marked as fixed and tested with OSX 10.11.4, Xcode Version 6.1.1 using LabVIEW 2016. Have you had the chance to test it in LabVIEW 2016 / DAQmx 16.X version?

As for the newer CAR #611729, I unfortunately cannot speak to a specific timeline for a fix, as this is still under review with R&D. 

Thanks,

Paige C. 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,358 Views)