From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQ performance, to slow.

Hey, I´m using NIDAQ and Visual C++ with a DaqPad 6070E and a BNC-2090.
I wonder about the performance of the NIDAQ functions, when timing them they seem a bit slow to me..

Results:
SCAN_Start - between 9000 and 4500 microseconds
digital Output - 94 microseconds
digital Input - 92 microseconds

Timing done by using a QueryPerformanceCounter.

This is a problem for me because i need to sychronize my data aquisition with 2 fast digital pulses (fastest 83 microseconds) and would like to make sure that it isn´t noise thats coming (double/tripple check the digital port). Then start a SCAN sequence with digital start and scan triggering.

The result is always the same, it looks like the start of the scan is to late. Could this be becau
se of the large amount of time the SCAN_Start function takes?

Using: 1.6 GHz P4, 256 Mb ram, NIDAQ version 6.9

Hope for some help / Mikael Andersson, Halmstad University Sweden.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,302 Views)
Hello;

The only way to go around the NI-DAQ functions is to do Register Level Programming, and write/read straight to/from the DAQ device registries.

NI doesn't officially supports RLP, however, you can find good documentation about it at www.ni.com. Just type +register +level in the search field.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,302 Views)
Thanks for your reply.

So i guess by your answer that the nidaq functions are supposed to be that slow, and there isn´t something with the installation or drivers.

About register level programming:
I can´t find any documentation for my hardware (DaqPad 6070E). Is my hardware compatible with some other device (can i use their docs) ?

/ Mikael

ps. Im using the firewire version ds.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,302 Views)