Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQ-6024E not listed in drop down box in CWAI controls within VB6.

Hi there,

I am relatively new to this so am concerned that I am perhaps making a very obvious error.

We are running VB6 and have a NIDAQ-6024E acquisition card. The driver version we are using is NIDAQ 8.1. 

The problem is that I cannot see the devie listed when trying to modify the properties of the CWAI control in VB. The device is listed in MAX. We previously used Labview to view this, but now need a different GUI, and VB seems to suit this function better.

Could you adivise if this is possible?

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,698 Views)

There's no such thing as NI-DAQ 8.1. The latest version is 7.4.1. You must have installed DAQmx which is a much new driver for NI DAQ cards and I don't believe CWAI is supported by DAQmx.

Just curious, but why do you think VB is better than LabVIEW for GUI creation?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,694 Views)

Hi Dennis,

You are quite correct. the driver version I was referring to is indeed Ni-DAQmx 8.1. The original version that I had is NI-DAQ 6.9.2. Unfortunately I had the same problem with this, and had read that the NI-DAQmx 8.1 was the latest version to provide support for 6024E.

I had therefore installed this in the hope that this would fix the problem.

We have more experience with Visual Basic than Labview, which I guess is the main reason for the preference. We are looking to connect two load cells which will feed into a very basic GUI. The main function of this is for the "man on the street" to see the affect of different loading conditions, represented by scaled colour changes to arrows etc on the GUI. As a consequence of this we have imported graphics into VB and can manipulate them as per our requirements.

Do you have any suggestions on how best to proceed? Any advice woudl be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Peteso 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,689 Views)