From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9237 sample rates - what is the best way to avoid crashing?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a LabVIEW program for a test bench my student organization uses. We sample data from a variety of thermocouples, pressure transducers, and flow meters at 1000Hz and occasionally write data for short (<15min) experiments. We have a cDAQ-9178 with NI9401, 9205, and 9213 modules.

Recently, we added a few full-bridge load cells (with a previously unused NI9237 module), but the new DAQ Assistant eventually crashes with error code -200279, saying it can't keep up.

Playing around with the sample number and sample rate helps, but doesn't fix the issue - it will eventually crash. Is there anything different about NI9237 sampling practices compared to, say, NI9205?

I've attached a stripped-down version of my program - I removed everything that wasn't related to the data producer loop and the barest data processing in the consumer loop. The issue generally surfaces within a minute of pressing play.

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pbennion

Since you are in a cDAQ chassis, I am pretty sure you can just have all of your channels be in the same task/DAQ Assistant.  Try combining all of your channels into 1 configuration.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,281 Views)

Combining the three DAQ assistants works like a charm! I guess I always assumed you couldn't have multiple resources in a single assistant so I never tried it before.

I wonder why it was specifically the NI9237 that took issue with being in parallel, though.

Anyways, thanks for the advice!

-Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,269 Views)

I think your issue was more on the number of sample clocks needed.  That is dictated by the chassis, not the modules.  So setting them all up to use the same sample clock actually saves resources.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,264 Views)