Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cdaq 9174 not recognized DAQmx 9.8

I am trying to install and use NI cDAQ 9174 with NI 9862 CAN modules. But for some reason cDAQ 9174 is not recognized in MAX or signal express and am unable to configure it. It shows up in Windows device manager as "cDaq-9174" under the heading "National Instruments Device".  

I uninstalled and installed DAQmx (Version 9.7.5 and 9.8) and XNET 1.8 drivers multiple times but its the same deal. I am using Windows 7, Labview 2010 and TEststand. I checked some other realated posts and tried the solutions, but no luck in getting it working. The chasis works fine on another PC, so the hardware should be working fine.  

I have attached my technical report from MAX for more info. I have also tried resetting my configuration data through MAX as well. I cannot afford to reinstall WINDOWS in this PC. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,664 Views)

Hello arool3,

Have you checked your Windows Services to see if NI Device Loader and NI Configuration Manager are running?  If one of these services is stopped, that could cause the issue that you are experiencing.  Make sure that their status is 'running' and that startup type is 'automatic'.

Also, based on the picture you sent of your device in MAX, I assume this cDAQ is usb?  I've heard of USB 3.0 not working correctly with NI devices.  If the port is USB 3.0, can you try a different usb port?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,634 Views)

Jon,

Yes. I checked both NI Device Loader and NI Configuration Manager and they were running.  As you said, it is cDAQ usb and i tried using both USB 2.0 and 3.0, but no luck.

Anything else you want me to try?

Thanks for your help.

Arul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,620 Views)

Since the cDAQ works on another computer, we can definitely say there is a configuration problem dealing with this individual PC.  What I would suggest is for one removing the cards and trying to establish communication with only the chasis.  This may make troubleshooting easier.

Something to try is to uninstall the chasis from Device Manager, delete the chasis from MAX, restart your computer without the cDAQ connected, and then connect the chasis.  This will force Windows to re-establish driver connections with the device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,603 Views)

Jon,

I tried your instructions as well. But its still not detected by MAX. I am out of options here, will probably try with a different PC. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,551 Views)