Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cDAQ-9189 stops responding to Labview code at random intervals

The problem is still occurring and I still don't get any error codes to trigger anything off of while the code is running. The only errors I can see occur when i stop the program and try to restart it, resulting in a code stating the DAQ is already in use. I did manage to get lucky a record a video of the problem. It looks like the DAQ stop reading data consistently, resulting in a 'flickering' of the inputs. After a bit of time the flickering stops, but the outputs stop reacting to the software. According to the software the outputs are being written successfully, but the physical digital out voltages never change. The only way to rectify this is to re-set the DAQ from NI max. The video is linked below on a google drive. The error starts occurring at about 1:45. I do what I can to show relevant parts of the program when the glitch occurs. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1re_ORcgNbiz3cjjPiHMTbKU3gf-Xr5FW/view

Dylan Howard
Lab Technologist, Alto-Shaam Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(745 Views)

Has this issue always existed or did it just start to happen?

Do you have back-EMF surge protection diodes across your relay coils?

What is the P/N of the relays being driven by the 9375? Wonder if you are exceeding the maximum current specifications of the module.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(736 Views)

I only recently noticed the flickering, so I think it is a new issue. If this was happening all along, then it is at least more frequent now. 

No, I do not have a diode across the relay coil. 

The relays in use are Omron LY1F 12VDC relays. 

Dylan Howard
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(727 Views)

Personally, I would start by replacing the 9375 module with a known good one.

If that works then I would suggest putting reverse biased diodes across each relay coil (i.e. 1N4004).

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(719 Views)

Yea, my thoughts exactly. I have another card on the way and will be trying it as soon as it arrives. In the meantime I'll see if we have any diodes around. 

Dylan Howard
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(705 Views)

Has this issue been resolved.Even I am facing this issue of cdaq stopping intermittently

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(603 Views)