From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB6001 and NI PXIe-8360

Hello,

I am using NI PXIe-8360 along with PXI-2571, PXIe-6341, PXI-2720, PXI-8433/2 and PXI6722 (Chassis - NI PXI-1062Q).

And I need to use "NI-USB 6001" for other test purpose.

Before installing "NI-USB 6001", I would like to know if there is any issue between dirvers or any tips to prevent conflics between drivers.

Thank you so much.

Insuk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,235 Views)
The device requires the DAQmx driver which you already have. You need to check which version you have, though in order to make sure it supports the 6001. What software are you using for development? It's important information as well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,216 Views)

Thank you for reply.

I am using CVI2013. for development.

How can I check my driver versions? I checked Software-Measured & Automation Explorer.

My installed one seems NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.8 and  USB600 is requiring NI-DAQ mx 9.9.  I would like to keep the previous driver for more important testing system. Is it possible? Thank you so much.

driver_ver.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,198 Views)

The new driver will override the old one.  Very little in the driver actually changes between versions, mostly bug fixes and support for the new instruments.  I would just go with the new driver.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,196 Views)

Thank you so much for advice.

I hope the upgrading goes well.

Sometimes NI driver upgrade makes to change the previous setting and hard to find the solution.

That's why I was afraid to upgrade it.

By the way I really appreciate your advice.

Nice weekend!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,190 Views)

Hello Dennis,

I upgraded the driver and is working overally although TCP/IP function failed more often than usual.

1. Do you have any idea about the change?

2. I got an error about SM Bus Driver while installing the NI-DAQ mx9.9 about installation progress 95%?

Do you have any idea what cause the error?

Thank you,

Insuk

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,148 Views)
I don't have your hardware so I really don't know what could be wrong, sorry.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,137 Views)

Hi momo2013,

Do you have a screenshot or the exact text of the error you are receiving? 

Thanks!

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,130 Views)

I am sorry.

I should save that but unfortunately I did't.

The error keyword was "SM Bus Controller". 

Can I find the log file of installation in my hard drive? 

Thank you for  effort.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,127 Views)

Hi momo2013,

Usually an SMBus error is related to the MXI card that you're using. Have you installed the PXI Platform Services on your system? 

The latest version can be found here: http://www.ni.com/download/pxi-platform-services-4.0.1/4353/en/

Let me know if this helps!

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,124 Views)