cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 8452 2xSPI+I2C

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have USB-8452 controller and want to controller one chip with two CS line and one external ic working on I2C bus.

How can I configure both CS line at the start + I2C bus and acquire one SPI line together with I2C bus on same time.

Example is nice.

S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,253 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no way to synchronize both SPI and I2C, though you can use them independently but you cannot say/guarantee that both occurred at the same time.

Could you please provide more information on the devices and application requirements to see if there are any alternatives?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,237 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

Ok, I do not need "true" synchronisation.  It is enough that they are configured at beginning and started one by one in a while loop. I would like to avoid closing task completely and making new with SPI and again new with I2C.

I'm making a test setup to read two chips with SPI and one with I2C interface (ADC for T[°]) so that I can characterize my DUT.

S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,234 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimsasko

Yeah, that is possible. You can create the configuration once and use it in the loop without closing.

santo_13_0-1639410112573.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,230 Views)