From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6361A to LabVIEW DAQmx -- plot shows 2x amplitude

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using an Agilent Arbitrary Function Gen (33250A) to send a 100mVpp 1Hz sine wave to an NI DAQ (USB 6361A). I have a LabVIEW VI that captures the DAQ data using the DAQmx tool. When I plot these data, it shows a 200mVpp sine wave. I checked the datasheet for the Agilent function generator and the datasheet for the DAQ, and I didn't find any multiplication factors. I also looked through all the settings on in the DAQmx tool, and I didn't find any multiplication factors.

Where would this x2 be originating from? I have attached a screen shot of my BD and FP, as well as the VI.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author return_of_the_mack

Hi return_of_the_mack,

I would not expect you to find any multiplication factors. I would suggest using a DMM or oscilloscope (if you have one) to look at the signal coming from the function generator to confirm its amplitude is as expected.

I do not think the USB 6361 is broken but you could wire an analog output to an analog input and check that it still reads correctly using MAX Test Panels. I suspect you would not see the increase in amplitude at that point.

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)

You were correct. I measured the function generator using an oscilloscope, and it was outputing 2x the expected Vpp.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,317 Views)