From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6255 Linux Support

Will there ever be a linux driver for the NI USB-6255?

Our group uses several of these for testing purposes, but would like to migrate away from Windows. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,135 Views)

Greetings,

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to say if there are future plans with this specific device but If you have one of the supported devices under Linux (as mentioned on this link: NI-DAQmx and NI-DAQ Driver Support: Portable Devices) you can change your hardware.

Another possibility is to setup a Windows Virtual Machine since USB ports can be pick by the VM but I don’t think that would be your number 1 choice

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,105 Views)

@alcava.cr wrote:

Greetings,

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to say if there are future plans with this specific device but If you have one of the supported devices under Linux (as mentioned on this link: NI-DAQmx and NI-DAQ Driver Support: Portable Devices) you can change your hardware. 

Dont ever expect them to ever work reliably - proprietary kernel drivers are broken by design.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Linux-NIDAQmx-install-problem/m-p/3225670/highlight/false#...

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,629 Views)