Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6251 Not working!!

Hi everyone!

We use DAQ (NI USB 6251) in our lab with a Windows 10 system. For the past 3  days our DAQ is not working, we have tried several things but failed. Neither the 'active' nor 'ready' lights are getting on, sometime they just blinks and then stop, while switching on. Anybody has any solution how to proceed further. The system is not detecting the NI device.

Btw, we have the NI MAX 20.0 in our system too.

Any kind of guidance would be great. Thanks,

Souradeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,151 Views)

Hi, Souradeep75

What did you do before getting this problem?
Did you tried to upgrade your system or software?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,105 Views)

I didn't knew about the NI MX driver. When I checked through the community questions and answers, I thought to download the driver and give it a try. But even after downloading Max, it was not successful so I am now opting for expert opinion. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,102 Views)

Give a try on another computer. How sure are you that the instrument was not damaged by connecting signals beyond the max supported?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,095 Views)

Well it was working fine for almost 2 years. We have a stabilizer attached to the system, as well as we have surge protected multiplug attached with it and I trust our electricity in lab, as no surge generally happens. So I can think that there is pretty less chance of any fluctuation. Do you think this is a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,083 Views)

Well it was functioning for the past two year quite well. We have a stabilizer attached to the system and a surge protected multiplug connects all the parts of the system. We also trust our lab electricity so I doubt that any kind of power fluctuation might have taken place. Do you think this might be hardware issue? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,083 Views)

If you haven't upgraded your system or software, your USB-6251 could be broken.

You can contact to technical support for repair request. Also, before repair, technical support could make a troubleshooting of your device before final decision of repair requirement

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,071 Views)