cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6002 anti-aliasing filter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I'm using a NI USB-6002 to take simultaneous voltage readings on a couple of different channels and sampling rates. I'm aware that to avoid aliasing effects I need to low-pass filter each signal before it's sampled by the DAQ. In the USB-6002 user guide I can't find any mention of anti-aliasing filters. Does this mean that I need to pass the voltage signal through an external low-pass filter myself before the DAQ inputs, or is anti-aliasing 'built in' to how the DAQ works?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author t_hancock

The 6002 does not have anti-aliasing built in.  You'd need to handle that yourself.  

(Note: it also doesn't support different sample rates on different channels at the same time, though you can usually just sample at the highest needed rate and post-process the slow-changing sensor if desired.  Also, it's  a multiplexing DAQ, so channels aren't truly simultaneous.  For many apps they're close enough though.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(2,270 Views)