From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6002 anti-aliasing filter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I'm using a NI USB-6002 to take simultaneous voltage readings on a couple of different channels and sampling rates. I'm aware that to avoid aliasing effects I need to low-pass filter each signal before it's sampled by the DAQ. In the USB-6002 user guide I can't find any mention of anti-aliasing filters. Does this mean that I need to pass the voltage signal through an external low-pass filter myself before the DAQ inputs, or is anti-aliasing 'built in' to how the DAQ works?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by t_hancock

The 6002 does not have anti-aliasing built in.  You'd need to handle that yourself.  

(Note: it also doesn't support different sample rates on different channels at the same time, though you can usually just sample at the highest needed rate and post-process the slow-changing sensor if desired.  Also, it's  a multiplexing DAQ, so channels aren't truly simultaneous.  For many apps they're close enough though.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(2,263 Views)