From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 5132

Hello,

I considering buying NI5132 USB Oscilloscope/USB Digitizer  with50 MS/s with 32MB/channel, the question that I have is the following:

1 - Is it possible to configure the NI5132 using the jitter toolkit like this:   (Select device and channel->set start trigger level->acquire 50 periods of the signal->retrieve values to PC), I assume that this device will store all the samples in the onboard memory and after the 50 periods I can request all the values through USB, correct?

After this acquisition I need to calculate the mean, max, min and std deviation of the digital signal. I want to avoid using the USB Bus to avoid sampling constraintment.

I Believe it must be possible to do what I describe because the NI5132 as a internal on board.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,906 Views)

Hello rubenloureiro,

First of all, your configuration of NI5132 USB Oscilloscope is possible  (Select device and channel->set start trigger level->acquire 50 periods of the signal->retrieve values to PC), but I don't understand the us of the jitter toolkit for your application, maybe the NI-SCOPE ( already available in your function palet) toolkit will be more suitable for your application.

Maybe this document will help you for your research : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375173a.pdf ; especially the Programming the 5132 part on page 9.

What kind of sampling constraints are you facing with the USB Bus ? As far as I understand, for your acquisition, the USB Bus would be efficient.

Best Regards,

Thibault

Application Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,827 Views)