Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI 6229 only one connector working with SCB-68.

Hello,

I want to generate a signal with the four analog output of the PXI-6229.

I have two SCB-68, one connected on connector 0 and the other one on connector 1.

But every time I try to generate a signal on all the output only one connector work. What is weird is that sometimes only connector 0 works and the other times it's only connector 1.

I have tried to use other cable and an other PXI-6269 but it doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Or the PXI can't use both connector at the same time?

PS: Every pinout is correct and every connector is set to SCB-68 in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,740 Views)

Please post code.  My guess is that you're trying to define 2 distinct hw-timed AO tasks, are not controlling your execution sequence, and are not handling errors.

Your board supports only 1 hw-timed AO task at a time, any attempt to config/start another one will error.  I assume you aren't paying attention to errors because you didn't report any.  And if you don't control execution sequence, there's no telling which task gets to start first (successfully) and which one starts last (unsuccessfully).

But again, just a guess until you post code.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,726 Views)

Thanks for the answer, I don't have any error message.

I can't post my code right now.

But even with the test panel of MAX I couldn't generate any analog output with connector 1.

Only with connector 0.

(All pinout are correct, cable are ok, the SCB himself is ok)

I'm using DAQ Assistant to simulate all signals, maybe it's the problem? And I'm on a PXI-8701.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,723 Views)