From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-6323: Exporting the 100 MHz timebase to a PFI

We are currently using the NI 6323 with an external 10-MHz reference clock at PFI0 to generate other four other clock signals with counters 0-3 (see picture). For one of our applications, we would like to export a 100-MHz clock derived from the reference 10 MHz clock to another PFI. I checked that a 100-MHz timebase is generated at the output of the PLL. However, in the "DAQ Export Signals.vi", only the 20-MHz timebase is available as an option to export. Is there a way to send the 100-MHz timebase to a PFI using LabVIEW? Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-07-28 145305.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(740 Views)

This is not something I've ever tried and I can only poke around the API with a simulated X-series device.

MAX suggests that there *is* an allowable indirect routing available to push the 100 MHz timebase out to any of several PFI pins.  Note: "indirect" routing generally consumes one of the counters.

The DAQmx Export Signal *Property Node* allows a few more options than the similarly named vi.  None of them seem to allow an explicit specification of the 100 MHz timebase though.  The best candidate I see is under Clocks->Sample Clock Timebase.  To test this out, I'd make some kind of dummy task that I explicitly configured to use the 100 MHz clock as a sample clock timebase.  Then I'd use the Export Signal Propety Node to try to route that sample clock timebase out to a PFI pin.

No guarantees b/c I can't check with real hardware, just describing what I'd *try*.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(703 Views)