From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-6229 DAQ not detected in Industrial PC

Hi all,

We have NI PCI 6229DAQ and we planned to use it on an industrial PC which is operated under WIndows XP SP2.
The problem is that the PCI card was not detected in our industrial PC.
Here are several step that we have followed in trying to solve the problem:
1. We have followed the step to install the PCI card, that is: install the software first without attaching the card, and after finish installing the software, we attached the PCI into the slot. The results is the PCI cannot be detected on the industrial PC.
2. We also tried to foloowed the "Uninstall/Reinstall" step, but still the PCI was not detected.
3. We have also tried to use another slots on our industrial PC, but still it won't works and the card was still not detected.
4. We have tried to install the PCI card in another desktop PC which has Windows XP SP2 as its operating system, and the PCI was detected, and it works well.
5. We have also tried to follow the BIOS setup for PCI installation mentioned on the NI FAQ, but still we could not detedct the PCI in our
industrial PC.

FYI, we are using 2 PCI card in our industrial PC, one of them is the NI PCI-6229 DAQ and another PCI is not from NI.
The thing is, that other PCI card (the one not from NI) can be detected on our industrial PC, while the PCI card from NI cannot be detected.

Are there anybody of you guys can give us solution about this problem? We really appreciate your help. Thanking you in advance.

warm regards,

Tua Tamba

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,585 Views)

Hello,

I see that you have tried more than a few options.  I noticed that you stated there are two PCI devices in the PC.  Does the NI PCU Device work when in slot 1 and when the other card is not present?  It might be that the PCI bus is only allowing one device to be seen at a time due to the BIOS.  I understand that you have already done some troubleshooting with the BIOS.  Did you enable PC Bus Mastering or try to correct a Resource Conflict with Other Hardware or both?  The two options are described below in the linked Knowledge Base (KB).  If you have already seen and tried this KB, please confirm.

Please also glance at the two additional KBs that are linked.  Some additional questions I have are listed below.

Is there a PCI bridge in this computer?

What version of DAQmx and MAX are installed on this computer?

AE KB 1BKCEUL1: Troubleshooting PCI-GPIB, PCI-DAQ, PCI-MXI-2, PCI-IMAQ Installation Problems

AE KB 2Y4CCJK8: Troubleshooting DAQ and GPIB Installation Problems

Why is My PCI Board Not Recognized in My PC?

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,552 Views)

Hi All-

You might also consider this power supply requirement of M Series, especially considering that this is an industrial computer and those types of machines are somewhat notorious for not supplying the full gamut of +-12V, 5V, and 3.3V supplies required of the PCI bus.  The symptom for M Series if any of those supplies is not present would be non-detection of the M Series device by the system.

Message Edited by Tom W [DE] on 12-27-2007 10:08 AM
Tom W
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(3,539 Views)

Dear Samanthan and Tom,

We have rechecked again our PCI card and follow your advice.

Finally our industrial PC can detect the PCI and it works well.

The problem is about the power supply of the PC.

Our industrial PC does not support the +3.3 volt.

After we changed the power supply, the PCI works well.

Thank you very much for your helps and advices. We really appreciate that

Happy new year guys....^_^

warm regards,

Tua Tamba

Message 4 of 4
(3,529 Views)