From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-6221 terminal block

I bought these things:
NI PCI-6221, M SERIES DAQ (37-PIN) (16 ANALOG INPUTS, 10 DIGITAL I/O. 2 ANALOG OUTPUTS)
CB-37FH 37-PIN SCREW TERMINAL BLOCK, HORIZONTAL, DIN RAIL MOUNT

But the numbers on the terminal block don't seem to line up with the pinout shown here:
http://sine.ni.com/ds/app/doc/p/id/ds-15/lang/en

Could someone help me out? I have no idea what any of the pins are supposed to be.
Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,426 Views)

I can't find a good picture of the connector block.  How is it labeled?  That connector block is a generic 37 pin block, so it is used for many products.  Is it labeled by pin number or by signal?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,421 Views)

Here is a good picture of it and it is labeled by pin number:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7AC193E5F56F52C886257880007A22D3

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,412 Views)

That's a good picture. The terminal block pin numbers don't seem to line up with the ones from the DAQ board.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,410 Views)

Here is the link to the card you purchased: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202004

6221.PNG

pinou2t.jpg

I'm not sure i'm following you, what is the issue that you see? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,404 Views)

@momenslythe wrote:

That's a good picture. The terminal block pin numbers don't seem to line up with the ones from the DAQ board.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  AI0 should go to 1 and so forth.  Are you saying that when you wire to pin 1 that you can't read the voltage on AI0?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,393 Views)

AI0 doen't seem to pick up the signal correctly unless I have Vsig going into 1 and ground at 20. Then when I add AI1 I have Vsig in 2 and gnd in 21. I guess it may just be in some sort of differential format? How do I find out the pairings or change it to single ended?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,390 Views)

Yep, it sounds like you have your channels setup to use differential (AI0 is + while AI8 is -).  How are you setting up the channels?  Can you post some code?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,388 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,386 Views)

Ok, I'm left to assume your channels are set up in MAX.  Here's a screenshot of the channel configuration setup in MAX.  You should notice the dropdown called "Terminal Configuration".  You need to change this to RSE (Referenced Single Ended).  You will want to connect your ground signals to an AI GND.  The DAQ needs a reference of some sort.

Terminal Configuration.PNG

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,384 Views)