Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX gone missing (multiple PCs) - how do I get it back?

Has NI-MAX been deprecated?

It suddenly went missing from multiple PCs in our lab.

The folder is still there (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX), but the .exe is gone, and it no longer appears on the start menu (Windows 10)

I need it as it is part of our workflow to rename devices as Dev1, Dev2 etc and use the test panels, but it appears a recent update may have removed it from the systems.

I can't find it in the Add/remove programs/NI/modify tool

Any ideas how to get it back?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,163 Views)

NI MAX is installed by the NI Drivers. More information: Download NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) 

That being said, the fact it "disappeared" sounds concerning, because the problem might be more than just NI MAX being removed. I recommend you consider restoring the machines to a known working state (if a backup was made or these are virtual machines), or at least reinstall/repair all the software. As you might suppose, once files get deleted from the National Instruments directories, it is not possible for NI to ensure the software will still behave properly.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,115 Views)

Fixed now.

I had to reinstall DAQmx to get it back.

It was very odd, because when DAQmx was showing up as not installed either, but when I reinstalled DAQmx, it warned me that it was already installed, and DAQexpress still worked, it was only MAX that went missing in action.

Odd.

Seems to be working now though...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,110 Views)