Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX 16.0 Issues

Hello All,

I have a system that consists of a NI PXIe-1065 Chassis and a SCXI-1001 chassis. The 1065 has a PXIe-8370 MXI-4 connected to a desktop computer running Windows 10 64-bit. The system has been working up until this point. After about a month or so of down time we booted the system and attempted to run our data acquisition VI. It produced an error claiming it could not find the hardware that our VI called for. For example our high-speed DAQ cards are referenced as "HSCard1, HSCard2, etc."

It was recommended that we reset the NI-MAX database. After performing this step our VI still fails to run. I've attempted to run a self-test on the system and the PXIe-8370 reports that is "Unable to find the hardware." It advises I should restart and if continue to have problems that i need to contact National Instruments. I've also run the Device Manager and the PXIe-8370 card is not listed here. Then again I do not recall if it ever was.

Another item I've noticed in MAX is that before, I could bring up test panels and see individual channels on our cards. I could display either a table or graph of the signal coming into that particular channel. I don't have this option since resetting the database. The only options are "Rename and Open VISA Test Panel."

Before I run down the road of contacting NI, has anyone had any experience with this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,121 Views)

Hello rlyles,

I recommend you check the following document: MXI Compatibility and Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide.

You can also try testing with another host computer, or force reinstalling the PXI Platform Services that you are using.

I hope this helps you. Don't hesitate to call into NI support if this issue persists.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,095 Views)

Thank you Oscar! I will give this a try.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,081 Views)