From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Elvismx instrument launcher not working

Good afternoon.  This is my first time posting so I apologize if I am not observing any forum rules I am unaware of.  

I have an ELVIS II MX board for ECPI university.  About 4 weeks ago it stopped allowing me to launch the instrument launcher.  I attempt to bring it up by clicking it and nothing happens.  There is no error message or screen flash.  It does not appear in the task manager at all.  I had previously been using it since June of 2017.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the NI student edition and myDAQ software suite.  This has not corrected the issue.  There are no real specific instructions on my school site as to what to install other than "This download enables students to install the same NI software used in campus laboratories, on their own laptops and computers.  By using the serial number below, students will be able to access Student Install Options  for both Multisim and LabVIEW.  "  I am unsure how to resolve this issue.  

I have the most current downloads for NI student edition and myDAQ currently available as I attempted to reinstall yesterday.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,089 Views)

Hi,

I would recommend posting in the Elvis Forum Post:

ACADEMIC HARDWARE PRODUCTS (ELVIS, MYDAQ, MYRIO)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-ELVIS/bd-p/10

This will make it easier for members that have ran into similar issues help make suggestions or solutions. This also helps keep things organized.

Something else that would be helpful is providing a MAX technical report:

Using MAX Technical Report to Document Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Configuration Information

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

This will say all of the NI software you have installed on your computer. This helps with making sure all the versions of software are compatible with one another.

Also a few questions that can help with troubleshooting this:

1. Does your device show up in device manager?
  2. NI myDAQ requires NI ELVISmx and NI DAQmx, do you have these drivers?
    1. Here is a link to the 17.0

NI ELVISmx 17.0

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-elvismx-17.0/6639/en/

NI ELVISmx 17.0 installs NI-DAQmx 17.0 by default.

1. I just want to confirm that you installed the drivers last?
    1. If not, you might try repairing the drivers.

Let me know your thoughts, but I would again recommend posting on the Elvis forum post because you may run into more people that have run into similar issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,021 Views)

Thank you very much.  I will go over the information and get back to you/the correct subform.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,017 Views)