From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DaqMX assistant doesn't load

Despite having NI DAQmx installed, when I try to pull it up on the front panel screen, it isn't listed in the Express Input subpalette. I tried searching for it in the controls palette but the only assistant that shows up is the Instrument I/O Assistant. I also tried downloading the example on the help page but, while the icon for the assistant shows in the block diagram, it is faded and I can't pull up properties or interact with it at all.

The MAX screen has the following entries for DaqMX:

NI-DAQmx ADE support 9.5.1

NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.5.1

NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration 9.5.1

I've tried reinstalling too but that hasn't helped either.

This might be unrelated but, I tried working around the need for the assistant by creating a task in the MAX window and dragging it to my block diagram. I then created a waveform graph to test it but I get an error that says "You have connected two terminals of different types. The source is task, the sink is 1-D array." 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)

Hello RudyB, 

It seems that your DAQmx is not installed properly.

Please check the compatibility of your driver with LabVIEW in this KnowledgeBase. DAQmx is compatibile with LabVIEW 8.6 through LabVIEW 2011. 

Also, consult section II of this KnowledgeBase for troubleshooting steps. 

If you want to skip the DAQ Assistant and create a task using the VIs found in your function palette under Measurement I/O » DAQmx-Data Acquisition, the Voltage - Continuous Input.vi is a good example program to start with. In LabVIEW, select Help » Find Examples and select Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx »  Analog Input » Voltage - Continuous Input.vi. 

Maggie
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,675 Views)