Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Daq 6008 and Labview

hello;

For the NI 6008 card sampling frequency equal to 10 kS / s and it has 8 analog inputs, but if I will use the 8 analog inputs simultaneously, what is the value of the new échantionnage frequency for each input analog obtained during an acquisition in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,591 Views)

From what I can gather from the data sheet, each channel will be sampled at the 10kS/s.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,565 Views)

Thank you for the answer, but according to the datasheet, the 8 analog inputs have a single ADC and a multiplexer connected before to the ADC allows the passage of all analog signals, so I don't know if 10 KS / s is achieved in all inputs when used simultaneously !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,563 Views)

The data sheet also says the maximum sample rate for multiple channels is 10kS/s aggegate.  I take this to mean that the entire channel sweep is done at 10kHz.

You could always try it and see what happens.  Read all 8 channels as a waveform with the sample rate set to 10KHz and see what the dt is in the waveform.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(5,543 Views)
The maximum sample rate per channel is the aggregate rate divided by the number of channels.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,533 Views)

Thank you for your answer, but  the 10 KS / s given in the datasheet of the card NI 6008, is it the maximum sample rate per channel or the aggregate rate ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,526 Views)
The manual clearly states what the aggregate sample rate as already mentioned. It is 10 KS/s just to remind you.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,504 Views)