Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx

Dear all,

I have the NI USB 6008, and I trying to comunicate with LabVIEW 6.1. I've seen that module requires the NI-DAQmx drivers, and this drivers won't works with the LabVIEW 6.1.

I'd like to use this module, but I can't update the LV because another machine will comunicate my machine by TCP/IP protocol, and I don't know if will works.

The NI don't have a solution, or any update to permit the 6008 module works with the LV 6.1?

Regards,

Thiago Lima

Ps.: My english is not so good... =(

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,573 Views)
In order to use the 6008, you have to upgrade your version of LabVIEW. I don't see what the version of LabVIEW has to do with communicating to another pc over TCP/IP. You can have different versions of LabVIEW at either end or one end can have a LabVIEW app and the other end an app written in any language you want. TCP/IP is a standard protocol and there is nothing unique about how LabVIEW implements it.
Message 2 of 5
(3,569 Views)

Hello Thiago 

The device USB 6008 isn´t supported by Tradicional NI-DAQ driver.
To use the USB 6008 you must use NI-DAQmx driver.

The link below shows the drivers supported for each device:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6913#USB

ps.: O suporte pode ser solicitado em português também

André Bassoli Napoleão

Engenheiro de Aplicação

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,547 Views)

Caro André,

Thanks for support!

Mas em fim, eu possuo o USB 6008, e a versão do LABView em minha faculdade é a 6.1.

Existe alguma atualização ou módulo para instalar adicionalmente no LABView para trabalhar com o 6008, uma vez que a versão 6.1 não tem os blocos DAQAssist?

Não existe outra maneira senão atualizar para a versão 7.0 ou superior?

Muito obrigado.

Thiago Lima.

Message 4 of 5
(3,531 Views)

Prezado Thiago

O dispositivo USB 6008 é apenas suportado pelo driver NI-DAQmx.

E é possível utlizar o driver NI-DAQmx somente na versão do LabVIEW 7.0 ou superior. Alias, a versão 7.0 também é a primeira a conter VI´s expressos, como o DAQ Assistant.

Essas e outras informações podem ser obtidas na página de perguntas mais frequentes sobre os drivers NI-DAQmx e Traditional DAQ:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3021#toc0

Com isso, o dispositivo USB 6008 não pode ser usado com o labVIEW 6.0

André Bassoli Napoleão

Engenheiro de Aplicação

National Instruments

Message 5 of 5
(3,518 Views)