Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx tools Pallet not showing in LabView 6

Hello, I am using LabView for the first time and have gotten familiar with the tutorials regarding for loops and various math functions, i have also gotten Vi's written to operate my HP 6624A quad output power supply and My Agilent 34401A DMM. I have installed Measurement and automation Explorer Version 4.0.0.3010

As i run the "Measurement and automation Explorer" i can see the NI-DAQ devices that i have installed and when i select a device "NI PXI-6640E" Multifunction I/O

it is recognized and will perform Self-Test function with Passing results. I can also utilize the [Test Panels] and properly set Port 0 Bit 0 as an Output. I can also switch it High and Low from the Test Panel control switches and see the results functioning properly using a volt meter across Pin 52 (P0.0) and Pin 50 (D GND) using the NI CB-68LP break-out board.

My problem is with LabView 6.0, ....there seems to be an absolute absence of Tool Palets for I/O controls for NI DAQ Vi's like "DAQ Assist"

i cannot find any VI's or tools of any sort that will allow me the capability to control the outputs or inputs to my Installed I/O devices from LabView 6.0

I have also exhaustively looked through all the tutorials and Help files to no avail...

Can anyone please help

P.S. I understand that LavView6 is an old vintage, but it is what it is, my boss says that i am stuck with it until the next budget infusion...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,884 Views)

The DAQmx driver was introduced with LabVIEW 7.0 and there is no support at all for version 6.0. I cannot find a PXI-6640 so whatever device you have, it must be supported by the obsolete traditional DAQ driver if you need to use 6.0.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,876 Views)

I made an unfortunate typo,  where it read "NI PXI-6640E", it should have been "NI PXI-6040E" ...

I am attempting the downgrade to Traditional DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/infodaqtradwndws/content.xhtml

I hope that "Traditional DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4" is downward compatible to LabView 6.0,...  will keep you posted...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,870 Views)

I had near success, after installing "Traditional DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4" the Digitial I/O tools now appear in my LabView 6.0 Tools Pallet

but wehn i pick a "Write Digital I/O" vi. it pops an error:  "LabView Load Error Code 9 : VI Version (7.0) is newer than LabView Version" (6.0)... 

Not sure where i can go from here....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,866 Views)

Sorry. I knew that 7.4.4. was the last version of traditional DAQ. I did not know the earliest version of LabVIEW that it would support. You might want to browse through the Support link at the top of the page. I quickly checked a couple and 7.1 shows support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,860 Views)

I have gotten Labview 6 and DAQ working by installing version 6.9.3 first, making a copy of the DAQ folder and daq_ctls.llb found in the vi.lib folder, installing traditional version 7.4.4, then recopying the DAQ folder and daq_ctls.llb.

I do not have the same board, but it works for a PCI-6013 and a DAQ PCI multi-channel voltage source (cannot remember the model number).

This method has worked on every PC I have ever installed on, even works for Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,592 Views)