Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx RTSI - Synchronized analog input and output - necessary hardware

Hi  

I need to create an analog output (white noise) that is tightly synchronized with an analog input (analog data from an accelerometer) i.e. I want data capture and sound output to start at the same time, or at least have the same time difference between starts. NI-DAQmx Trigger appears to the perfect software solution for this problem. My question is what hardware is required to support this property. My understanding is that this software function requires an internal RTSI bus, which only some devices have. I have to sample at 4 kHz on four analog channels with a single analog output. The time period will only be 250 ms. Since the output is white noise it doesn't have to be audio quality but a higher output sample rate would be desirable. I would prefer a USB solution but I can't find any examples of these DAQs being used for this purpose. The cheaper the hardware the better since this will be a dedicated application.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,642 Views)

HI Harry, 

Just based on what you gave, I can offer you a couple options.

First off, you won't be able to go the USB route. The USB devices do not have any RTSI capabilities, all of the RTSI capabilities are on our PCI/PXI platforms, with PXI being the more expensive of the two.
That being said, both of the options I provide will be on the PCI route.

NI PCI-6221 - 16 AI, 2AO, 250 kS/s
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14132

NI PCI-6010 - 16 AI, 2AO, 200 kS/s

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201612

These are the two I can throw at you now. My ultimate suggestion would be to call into NI's support line (866-275-6964) and talk with one of the Applications Engineers that can talk to you even more specifically about what you are wanting to do and can offer the best option for you there. 

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,616 Views)