Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQCard-6036E Traditional DAQ Driver (7.4 won't see card)

Hi,

I'm installing a NI DAQCard-6036E in a laptop.  The card is supposed to work with the traditional DAQ drivers, but when I install niDAQ7.0 to niDAQ7.4 the card only shows under the niDAQmx device list.  I need to have it installed with the Traditional DAQ drivers.  I was able to get it installed with the Traditional DAQ drivers using niDAQ 6.9.3 but that seems kind of bogus.  I would like to be using the traditional daq driver in version 7.4.
By the way, I started with version 7.4 and worked backwards in versions until I got to a version that worked (6.9.3).  And this is a fresh computer which has never had any NI stuff installed on it previously.
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Max
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,215 Views)
Dear Max,

Every time you install NI-DAQ, do you unistall the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? I recommend going into Add/Remove Programs from the control panel and uninstalling NI-DAQ and MAX. Then install NI-DAQ 7.4. Do you have another laptop you can try? Many people have used Traditional DAQ with the DAQCard 6036E so I know it works. Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Marni S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,201 Views)