Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ USB 6008 Error -88302 occured at self test

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone could enlighten me as to the root cause of the error I'm getting. I only purchased this DAQ card and after completing the installation, conencted the DAQ card. I opened up NI Max and the DAQ card was present under My System>>Devices and Interfaces>>NI-DAQmx Devices. When I attempted a Self test the above errror was returned??? I'm hoping it's something simple that I missed and with fingers crossed, someone with more experience than myself of NI devices could help!!!

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,243 Views)

Hello Paul,

This error code points to a missing component from the driver.  Please try repairing the DAQmx installation from Add/Remove Programs » National Instruments Software » NI-DAQmx.

Hope this helps,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 5
(4,233 Views)

Thanks Seth for your advice. I uninstalled and re-installed the DAQmx software...but still no joy! I tried it on a friends PC and the card is working perfect??? Would you or anyone have any suggestions as to a setting that might be causing this issue on my PC? Do I need to disable a setting that is causing a blocked reading?

Thanks in advance,

Paul - Slowly, having a nervous breakdown 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,204 Views)

Hmmm, I'm surprised that the uninstall and reinstall did not fix the issue.  Do you have any other NI software installed?  It's possible the damaged component is one that other NI software also uses and the installer didn't detect that it was damaged.  If you do have other NI software, would you be able to reinstall it as well?  If so, try this utility from Microsoft and use it to remove any references to NI software, then reinstall the software.

Good luck!

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 4 of 5
(4,188 Views)
Seth, you are a Legend!!! Thanks for the advice. I removed all NI software from my PC (Time consuming as it was), and installed the DAQmx first. Tested the DAQ card and EUREKA! It passed the self test no problem. I re-installed Labview and still working. Now I can finally move on to try create a temperature control program! At last. I can't thank you enough mate. Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,160 Views)