From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ (USB-6002)

Hi everyone, I am new here as such, I have no idea on what location to select for this topic. Please pardon me. 

I am a student and I just started reading up more on the NI DAQ USB-6002 device. The question I have is, does the DAQ device work the same as an Arduino board whereby once a code is uploaded into the device, it just requires a power source to function?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,413 Views)

In short, no.  The code would need to run on a more-or-less "normal" PC that remains attached to the USB-6002 via USB.   DAQmx makes the USB connection pretty transparent though, so you generally don't need to deal with USB explicitly in your programming.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,393 Views)

Okay got it, thanks Kevin!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,391 Views)

Hi there

I am new in using NI daq 6002 and trying to measure voltage variations in a cell membrane. Briefly, I need to collect all  data points and plot it in a linear mode. Experiment time is not more than half an hour and I need to collect data in every 5 seconds interval. Could someone please guide me to set the details? May I need to use labview or exporting the data directly from NI MAX will do the job?

Cheers,

Naabb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,336 Views)