Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ Model: USB-6361 Part Number: 781442-01 Using Rechargeable Battery

Hello,

I need assistance from NI engineer or personnel to answer very specific questions. 

We are using your NI DAQ Model: USB-6361 Part Number: 781442-01. We are powering it with your power cord Part Number: 763000-01. This power cord inlet has a two screws to make sure it does not disconnect from the NI DAQ.

We want to buy a second NI DAQ. This one, we will power with a battery to use off-grid. We need answers to some questions so that we can choose the right rechargeable battery and to safely operate the DAQ.

What is the voltage range for this DAQ? It says on the manual 11-30V. But if I choose 12V and 3A like the power cable we have, what is the +/- for the voltage?

What is the peak (burst) current %?

Any safety considerations? For example, do I need to stop the DAQ from operating if the battery level goes down beyond a certain voltage?

What is the name of the power inlet that has the two screws? We want to buy a similar cable which would connect the battery and the DAQ.

Thank you,

Fouad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,961 Views)

What is the voltage range for this DAQ? It says on the manual 11-30V. But if I choose 12V and 3A like the power cable we have, what is the +/- for the voltage?

From the datasheet, the voltage range is 11-30 V, just like you said. I'm not sure I understand the second question, but if the voltage falls outside this spec, the device won't turn on.

What is the peak (burst) current %?

From the datasheet, the power supply needs to be in that voltage range, and able to supply 30 watts of power, so depending on the voltage, you'll need to be able to supply different current amounts, P=IV.

Any safety considerations? For example, do I need to stop the DAQ from operating if the battery level goes down beyond a certain voltage?

This is probably a good idea, creating a graceful shutdown procedure at a falling voltage level, instead of a shocking power down. (And luckily you have a voltage measurement device right here!)

What is the name of the power inlet that has the two screws? We want to buy a similar cable which would connect the battery and the DAQ.

From the datasheet, it's a Phoenix Contact MC 1,5/2-GF-3,5 BK or equivalent. I found it with a quick search on digikey.

Here is a KB that actually refers to this exact situation: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kI8ySAE&l=en-US

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,871 Views)